Gender Pay Gap Report
Cruden Building (West) is required by law to publish an annual gender pay gap report.
This is its report for the snapshot date of 5 April 2018.
- The mean gender pay gap for Cruden Building (West) Ltd is 31.2%.
- The median gender pay gap for Cruden Building (West) Ltd is 36.0%.
- The mean gender bonus gap for Cruden Building (West) Ltd is 57.3%.
- The median gender bonus gap for Cruden Building (West) Ltd is 56.6%.
- The proportion of male employees in Cruden Building (West) Ltd receiving a bonus is 79.9% and the proportion of female employees receiving a bonus is 62.2%.
Pay quartiles by gender
|A||73%||27%||Includes all employees whose standard hourly rate places them at or below the lower quartile|
|B||85%||15%||Includes all employees whose standard hourly rate places them above the lower quartile but at or below the median|
|C||91%||9%||Includes all employees whose standard hourly rate places them above the median but at or below the upper quartile|
|D||96%||4%||Includes all employees whose standard hourly rate places them above the upper quartile|
The figures set out above have been calculated using the standard methodologies used in the Equality Act 2010 (Gender Pay Gap Information) Regulations 2017.
Under the law, men and women must receive equal pay for:
- the same or broadly similar work;
- work rated as equivalent under a job evaluation scheme; or
- work of equal value.
Cruden Building (West) Ltd is committed to the principle of equal opportunities and equal treatment for all employees, regardless of sex, race, religion or belief, age, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy/maternity, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or disability. It has a clear policy of paying employees equally for the same or equivalent work, regardless of their sex (or any other characteristic set out above). As such, it:
- carries out pay and benefits reviews at regular intervals;
- evaluates job roles and pay grades as necessary to ensure a fair structure.
Cruden Building (West) Ltd is therefore confident that its gender pay gap does not stem from paying men and women differently for the same or equivalent work. Rather its gender pay gap is the result of the roles in which men and women work within Cruden Building & Renewals Ltd and the salaries that these roles attract.
The overall percentage of women in the entire workforce of Cruden Building (West) Ltd is 11%, and this reflects the historic difficulty of attracting women into the construction industry.
The proportion of men at Cruden Building & (West) Ltd who received a bonus in the 12 months up to 5 April 2018 was 79.9%, while for women this was 56.6%. This reflects the higher proportion of men in trades roles that, under our current policy, attract a performance bonus.
The Gender Pay Gap report will be used to monitor the gender pay gap within the organisation.
Report by Karen McFarlane, Finance Director of Cruden Building (West) Ltd
26th March 2019