Do you have an interest in Construction? Do you have in-depth knowledge of Excel and all its functions (e.g., pivot tables, v look up, if function)? We would welcome a conversation to talk to you about a new opportunity in our Cost and Bonus Team.
The Cruden Group comprises of 4 main businesses and as a result of a strong order book in 2021, an opportunity has arisen in one of those, Hart Builders. Working in a team of 4, this is a support role in the cost and bonus team and is vital for the accurate payment of our highly valued labour force. This is detailed role where you will be pulling together data from a variety of sources for data entry, and you will work on closely with the Labour Manager and Bonus Surveyors.
Ultimately, this role will assist in the measurement and weekly costings of operatives and sub contractors of Hart Builders.
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
Working between site and the office, you will support the Bonus Surveyors to ensure that the directly employed and subcontract operatives are paid accurately each week. You will measure and report costs, pulling together data from a variety of sources.
• Liaise with operatives weekly on site and agree correct measure / targets are being reported.
• Input measures and costs into profit and loss sheets weekly, manipulating data and reporting accordingly
• Attend weekly meetings to review Timesheets and Bonus Payments, informing Labour Manager (LM) of any dayworks/deductions from all self-delivery operatives.
• Report weekly targets are being achieved and report to SDM to inform otherwise.
• Ensure all bonus documentation is compiled and completed timeously, recording all bonus/measure payments.
• Ensure compliance with the Health & Safety Management System (HSMS) as prescribed on the Hart Management System.
• Contribute to the Company’s Corporate Social Responsibility initiatives.
QUALIFICATIONS/RELEVANT EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
• Highly proficient in the use of excel (e.g., v look up, complicated formulae) with an understanding of how it can be used to improve data manipulation and reporting
• An interest or background in Construction is essential, with some knowledge of current construction techniques in joinery and brickwork advantageous
• High level of numeracy with an aptitude for maths/arithmetic
• Health and safety awareness
• Verbal and written communication skills with the ability to articulate your position to others effectively
• Analytical & problem-solving skills
• Methodical approach to tasks undertaken
• Ability to work on own initiative
• Good level of general computer literacy
• Full driving license and access to a vehicle is essential
Competitive salary commensurate with experience
34 days annual leave (includes public holidays and Christmas Shutdown period)
9% Company pension contribution
YuLife Rewards and Health app
2 x death in service
Closing date 20 March 2021