Do you have a passion for Construction? Have you worked in the industry but not quite found the right role yet? Look no further! We are recruiting for a Trainee Bonus Surveyor to join the team in South Gyle, Edinburgh. This is a unique position, ensuring that our directly employed and sub contract trades are paid accurately each week by measuring and reporting costs, pulling together data from a variety of sources.
You will split your time between the office and sites in the East of Scotland, and we will support you to obtain an HND in Construction Management with a day a week at College in conjunction with your on the job training.
- Preparation and administration of all labour only contracts
- Measurement and payment responsibility for all labour only contracts and directly employed trades
- Dispute resolution and measurement of variations for all labour only contracts and directly employed trades
- Quantity take-off responsibility for material ordering and works pricing
- Cost reporting / forecasting to senior management indicating areas of profit / loss
- Liaising with clients and local authority to meet tender community benefit commitments.
QUALIFICATIONS/RELEVANT EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Minimum of 2 Highers, preferably in Maths and English.
- Experience of working within the construction industry beneficial
- Practical experience in the use of Microsoft systems including Excel
- Ability to communicate effectively in a team environment
- Adaptable, self-motivated and eager to learn with a hands on approach
- Ability to deliver a high quality standard of work against tight timescales
- Excellent attention to detail
- Hold or working towards a full UK drivers licence essential
- Competitive salary with annual review
- Discretionary bonus
- 34 days annual leave (includes public holidays and Christmas Shutdown period)
- 9% Company pension contribution
- YuLife Rewards and Health app
- In house gym
- 2 x death in service