We have an exciting new vacancy for a Development Surveyor to join the team in our Cambuslang office reporting to the Partnering and Procurement Director.
- Prepare feasibility studies to establish financial viability of developments.
- Create and develop cost plans. Working on own recognisance but also integrating with Pre-construction Team members as well as Estimating & Construction Teams to develop and evolve cost modelling to Tender or Submission Stages.
- Prepare and/or manage Consultant Production of Bills of Quantities.
- Reconciliation of internally priced or costed proposals.
- Negotiate and agree cost plans/tenders with Client Consultants.
- Create and develop Risk Registers, managing, and updating documents through design development whilst maintaining commercial position.
- Work with internal Technical/Design Managers and integrating processes on Statutory Consents and Approvals.
- Involvement with Innovation and Sustainability technology including NZCT and MMC.
QUALIFICATIONS/RELEVANT EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Relevant construction industry qualification in Quantity Surveying or similar discipline.
- Previous experience working on newbuild housing projects for a Private Surveying firm or Main Contractor.
- Experience of managing design consultants and chairing design/technical meetings.
- Experience in Value Engineering and Design Development to meet budgets available.
- Experience of dealing with procedures associated with Planning and Building Warrant submissions.
- Experience of dealing with procedures associated with Local Authorities and Public Bodies (SEPA, Scottish Water, Roads Dept. etc.).
- Experience with traditional and design and build procurement routes and associated contract forms.
- Knowledge and understanding of project planning and pre/post contract programming to meet design deadlines by key dates.
- Knowledge and experience of dealing with BIM and Document Management would be of benefit but not essential.
- Knowledge of different standard contract forms and ability to review contract amendments to establish and negotiate wording to cover risks.
- Ability to review Tender documents / Employers Requirements and cover all bases in our proposals.
- Ability to collate contractors’ proposals and agree contracts with clients’ consultants.
- Ability to review appointments, novation agreements and collateral warranties.
- Commercially aware with knowledge of pre & post tender risk analysis and potential buildability issues.
- Computer literate with knowledge of all standard Microsoft products.
- Driving licence essential
- Competitive salary with annual review
- Car allowance
- Discretionary bonus
- 34 days annual leave (includes public holidays and Christmas Shutdown period)
- 9% Company pension contribution
- YuLife Rewards and Health app
- In house gym
- 2 x death in service