In a recent external assessment from CAESAR - the award-winning Government initiative which has been tasked with addressing and scoring construction sector sustainability issues and impacts - Cruden achieved an impressive 92% for its delivery of community benefits, with a further 92% score for developing workforce skills across all operations, throughout the North West.
CAESER's criteria addresses the following key sustainability areas:
• Reducing Greenhouse Gas Emissions
• Reducing Waste Generated
• Reducing Water Use
• Sustainable Resource Consumption
• Advancing Equality & Social Mobility
• Ensuring Working Conditions & Ethical Trade
• Developing Workforce Skills
• Developing SMEs
• Delivering Community Benefits
Cruden's overall score, assessing environmental, equality, diversity and community impact, averaged 83%. The Group now has a number of feedback guidance actions from the survey, with a view to further improving corporate sustainable performance in 2012/13.